The MPHS Performing Arts Parents (PAPs) is dedicated to enriching the experience of the arts for Midland Park middle and high school students participating in Marching Band, Concert Band, Chorus, Theater Arts (drama/musical) and Broadcasting. PAPs advances performing arts at Midland Park High School through:
• Advocacy: We serve as an important liaison between parents and the administration/faculty concerning the performing arts. • Volunteerism: We provide critical manpower to help our programs grow and thrive.
• Fundraising: We spearhead fund‐raising events that enhance all performing arts programs.
PAPs impacts the experience of children participating in the performing arts in many significant ways. These include:
• Working with administration and faculty on funding “wish list” items, such as LED lights for the auditorium.
• Promoting higher education with senior scholarships.
• Funding senior appreciation gifts for band, chorus, and broadcasting students.
• Sponsoring bagel breakfasts for broadcasting students.
• Co‐hosting “Music in the Park” and sponsoring several PAPs fundraising programs at the event.
• Raising money through our annual Poinsettia sale, as well as running concessions at band, chorus, Madrigals concerts, and drama/musical performances.
IF YOU HAVE A CHILD IN CONCERT BAND, MARCHING BAND, JAZZ BAND, CHORUS, MADRIGALS, THEATER ARTS (DRAMA/MUSICAL) AND/OR BROADCASTING, YOU CAN HELP ENRICH THEIR EXPERIENCE BY BECOMING A MEMBER OF PAPS. JOIN TODAY.
EXECUTIVE BOARD 2020-2021 President - Trish Olson
Vice President - Bobbie Stevens
Treasurer - Catherine Hacker Pigg
Recording Secretary - Dina Statuto Corresponding Secretary - Madeline Umano
Ways and Means - Joanna Van Vliet & Madeline Umano Membership - Melissa McElwain
Hospitality - Joanna Van Vliet
Sunshine - Bobbie Stevens & Kiersten Meyer
Newsletter - Open
Choral - Donna Halliwell 444-7400 Ext.237
Instrumental - David Marks 444-7400 Ext.225
Theater - Lisa Hayne 444-7400 Ext. 270
B.O.E. Liaison - Peter Triolo